Friday, January 4, 2008

Journal Page



I worked quickly on this one, mostly in bed before turning the lights off. Of course I had done most of the background in the studio earlier. Today I reworked some areas and decided to collage a reduced version of my owl, without spending much time. I wanted to go out in the garden to take some photographs. I am working on pictures of the many shades of winter....amazingly varied if you take the time.....to smell the roses, hmmmmm...there are no roses now.LOL
The detail shot has a lot of "reddish/copper" because some of the paint is iridescent and the light can play some tricks.Beautiful but hard to photograph.

6 comments:

Charlie said...

Beautiful. Do you store these? Frame them? Use them?

franswazz said...

They are pages from books (sketchbook-type,sometimes watercolor paper)so for now, when one is full, I place it on top of the others in my studio.I look at them occasionally.
On February 8th, 2007 I did my first page and made the big announcement that I would continue for one year. I got the idea from a British artist, Tom Judd. You can find his link on my blog. Now, that's someone who can draw!....Grrrrrr......

Charlie said...

Hello, my name is Charlotte. I am Charlie's ten year old daughter. I was wondering what your favorite tea is? I am having a cup right now myself. I enjoy looking at your blog! I am an artist too.

Charlie said...

My name is Isabella. I am also Charlie's daughter and I am 11. Your artwork makes me relax;a lot.

franswazz said...

Hi Charlotte, very nice meeting you!
What a wonderful surprise to be honored by your visit on my blog.
In answer to what my favorite tea is: foe most of the time I drink a British blend from Tetley.(very strong black tea).During the afternoon I will have sometimes some Earl Grey,Earl Grey de la Creme, Rose Congou, Sunday Blend, the last 3 purchased online from Special Teas.
But I am very happy with my Tetley Round teabags). Recently I was introduced to a tea by Revolution called Honeybush Caramel....delicious!
What do you do as artwork?

franswazz said...

Isabella, wow, what a beautiful name!
It was a delight for me to see that you had visited me and left a comment. Thank you very much.
I am touched that my art relaxes you, what a compliment!
Have an excellent weekend.