Thursday, January 3, 2008

Drawing of Hawk Owl



The picture was not very clear as to what was happening near/around the beak, lots of fuzzy down-like feathers, the bottom part of the beak is not showing.It is in the process of swallowing a vole-type creature!
Steve told me to rework that area after I asked him for a critique. I did but it did not help much.. Also I drew too much of a space between the poor little dangling feet and that does not help but with pens what you see is pretty much what you get!
This is from a photograph by Giuliano Cappelli.

5 comments:

kecia deveney said...

wow, i don't care what needs reworking - it's awesome! you've got some crazy drawing skills!

Charlie said...

I'd say! He looks as if he lives in the hundred acre wood and just spied Christopher Robin!

franswazz said...

Merci Charlie! I am now embarking on the drawing of a macaque....adorable!

franswazz said...

Kecia, thank you!I am touched by your compliment and it really encourages me.
I am still intending to put those stamps in the mail for you!

Anonymous said...

My son (Steve) is something of an expert in this area, being a wildlife bio major at O.U. and a real fan of owls (he likes any creature or plant he feels is "misunderstood"). He saw at once that it is almost done swallowing a little woodland morsel.
Nicely done. I'd frame it and hang it in my house.