Saturday, February 2, 2008

Teddie's Apple Cake....Modified



I wanted an apple cake and so I tried this one which intrigued me since it uses no butter.....yes....no butter which for this hardheaded French cook first sounds like an absolute scandal but there were words like delicious, airy, moist...enough already......let's get to work! And I did. Well it is delicious, airy and moist but of course I have a confession to make. I had to add my 2 cents worth, meaning I had to modify just a little the recipe to make it more my own, right? So I increased slightly the vanilla and the cinnamon and.......Oh, I am SO ashamed.........do I dare say it?.....I sprinkled some Calvados over the apple slices. Oh, baby!
This recipe first appeared in the New York Times in 1973 (Great year: David 's birth)


1 comment:

Charlie said...

Yum! I'll take the recipe!