Sunday, February 17, 2008

Progress?



Little progress as I spend the day, at the gym, in church, meeting with my 2 other mentors, starting a cassoulet, and last but not least observing the most magnificent great horned owl perched on a branch of one of our pine trees. Pardon me but I do not have the words to describe this experience, my first. Such an awesome sight. She never showed any signs of fright....I guess I am not a threatening animal to her...they have no natural enemies! More on this later including a picture. I took something like 50 to 70 pictures but few are acceptable as the winds were rather forceful and often my footing was precarious. Now I feel the urge to ........................sleep. About my journal page, I made a mess glazing the left side of the female.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elles sont trop belles tes photos, la 1, la 3, et la 4 ou elle a l'air d'avoir un petit chapeau rabattu sur le(?)museau et plus d'oreilles, elle est trop drole !Tu y as passé ta journée...si je comprend bien, n°2 est admirative...

franswazz said...

Dearest Anonymous,
Merci de ta visite!Oui, j'ai passe beaucoup de temps pendant la journee mais a chaque fois ce n'etait pas pour tres tres longtemps...par contre j'y retournais periodiquement pour faire de nouvelles photos.