Friday, February 8, 2008

One Year Ago






Yes, one year ago today I was sitting at the Chocolate Cafe here in Albuquerque slowly sipping a nice cup of......tea!
I had just picked up my new mentee Ginger from prison and she was checking in across the street with her P.O.
As the time passed slowly I became agitated and left to go buy a sketch pad and a couple of pens at an artist's supply store near-by, came back and did my very first journal page. I decided to continue and finish one full year. I have done just that and I am very pleased. Steve put up with me, especially at the beginning when I would wait until we were watching some show on tv to curl up on the sofa next to him and do "my page". Useless to say, my concentration was on the paper, not the plot! Here are a few February pages, with a picture of the very paunchy book (from February 8 to April 1.

3 comments:

kecia deveney said...

congrats on journaling for a year. that's quite an accomplishment. so, how did it go with the prison mentee? that's an interesting thing to do!

Anonymous said...

bon anniversaire. On voit la progression en un an mais ceci dit j'aime les premiers, il y a un style différent qui me plaît bien.

Yes.

milbizdetasseur

Michael L. Hess said...

Nice thing to do...I am not good at journaling because I don't have the patience or attention span. Sometimes I think I'm ADD, but other times I think I'm just lazy.