Friday, December 28, 2007

Now for That Exquisite Orchid






Colors are very difficult to get...somewhere in between the darkest one and the others.
There was no name so it is our mysterious exotic belle. I never have been able to keep an orchid for very long, way too fussy in spite of what some green-thumbed people have claimed.
I am watering it about once a week, a little more in this dry inside climate with mineral water making sure that not one single droplet falls on a leaf.....fun for someone rapid and impatient.....there is a slight fragrance sweet/spicy not entirely wonderful...don't know why...reminds me a tiny bit of ......................the odor of a corpse.......ok, I can see you guys.....even hear you perhaps....

3 comments:

Charlie said...

The orchid is beautiful! The smell sounds odd - I've never thought of a corpse as having a sweet and spicy smell!

franswazz said...

Charlie,
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.
Well, unfortunately I do know that smell(won't get into that but it is not a very macabre story actually), it is not spicy but it is a "sweet smell".
Well enough on that...LOL
Question: I did not find a way of leaving a comment on your blog.. did I miss something?

Charlie said...

You are correct, the sweet smell you refer to would be due to the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and smells a bit like almonds. Enough of that! This blog is too beautiful for such talk!
What blog are you referring to as being unable to leave a comment?