Thursday, December 20, 2007

Drawing Grid...Marsupial, glass Ball and a Caroler





I have not been very prolific lately in my studio, busy with other things...not unrelated to........Christmas......and also since I have not been able to run I have followed a rigid exercise schedule 4 to 5 times a week at the gym.
This morning for example, got up at 6 left the house by 6:30, drove to the gym and did 60 minutes of water running and swimming......which alleviated my guilt feelings when upon my return I was seen devouring my meager bowl of quaker oats and dispatching my 1st cup of tea with plenty of milk.....no, not skim milk, thank you!
This morning David and I are going out in search of the perfect rib roast for Christmas (his birthday too, remember..), a full 4 ribs, looking nicely marbled....if possible. Here in this petit corner of the world there is no such thing as "my friend the butcher". David and I were even talking of slipping the man a crisp 20 as we explain with precision that we want this roast cut from the small end, with nice marbling, etc...all the time giving him a look of partly pleading partly commanding intensity....of course all the time inflating my already strong French accent...You know what I mean...
Well enough of that, now for the pictures:
My newly constructed drawing grid.....was not that easy.....1cm grid, using what I had on hand silk thread.
Another glance at some of our favorite ornaments.
Stay tuned...journal page appearing soon!



No comments: