Friday, November 23, 2007

Small sketch from the Pieta by Pontormo



From my journal pages (Nov 22, Thanksgiving). And by the way I had done the drawing several days before.Copy, hand colored.
Ah, yes, friends, I am indeed looking forward to dittoing yesterday's dinner...minus the beloved hosts, the ambiance, the fleeting delicious realization that " We are living these moments of Thanksgiving 2007" and all is perfect...
By the way I am looking out the window and delicate specks of white gauzy lace are gently falling.
We are supposed to drive up to Santa Fe tomorrow to meet my artist friend Betty Ross, hubby and friend and now I am wondering....Please! I can do without the pretty white stuff...
Back to the drawing board (literally) in mere moments, well, not board, ok, sketch book if I need be precise. And resting my foot since I am comfortably seated on a sofa while drawing.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I wanted to come by, say hello and thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. My father was in France during the war and he lived in Albuq, New Mexico until he passed. My daughter also lives there and she was delighted by the snow this morning. This is her first winter in NM. She'll probably get over it as soon as she has to drive in it.

I love the drawing and I hope you made it to Santa Fe. I haven't been there in a while but I love it for the art work.