Saturday, March 15, 2008

Step 2


I get so confused at times that I have to leave my studio and go do something else....grrrrr..... Should I...shouldn't I...add this...do that...remove this...glaze more..you get my point! I even feel like a salt statue...if you know me that will sound very odd! So I worked very little today....as you can see. Ah! I also kept being unhappy with the bird drawing, he looked kind of ...simple-minded, comical....stuffed....whatever. He still looks stuffed but will remain that way. After all I'm the boss around here in my studio, right?
I have some excuses: went to a spiritual journaling workshop this morning, went for a short run...talked with hubby....admired the daffs in the garden...petted Coconut....fed the girls...and the felines...and myself...MADE TEA!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Si je puis me permettre, ton oiseau me semble completement disproportionné, par rapport à ton personnage, ce qui alourdit beaucoup l'ensemble, mais c'est toi le boss,et
c'est toi qui décide comme tu le dis.
Ceci dit ,j'aime le bouquet...
Bonne course !

Stacy Alexander said...

I just love the color and the intricate, lacy look of this piece. Beautiful!

franswazz said...

Ma Chere Anonymous,
I understand your concern but this piece is in progress, the bird is supposed to be huge....be patient...who knows what will land on this picture! Bises a ma mignonne!

Stacy, thank you for visiting and leaving your nice comment.

FRANCHI ROSENFELD said...

Francoise, Your photos are quite beautiful as are your paintings. I just read an article about you in my Winter 1996 Art/Quilt Magazine (have all published). I am very interested in your acrylic collages. I want to work with acrylic paint on canvas and hand dyed (or commercial) fabrics in my work as an art quilter/fiber artist. Your work now is very different. Are there any books or references about your work any where? Are you teaching? I live in Colorado and would love to hear from you.

franswazz said...

Hi, Franchi,

send me your email address as a comment in my last post and I will contact you.
Thank you so much for the visit and the compliments, always sweet to hear it, no?

FRANCHI ROSENFELD said...

Hi
my email is farosenfeld@mac.com
Love to hear from you.
Franchi Rosenfeld