Friday, April 18, 2008

More Spring in Our Garden...



I have to post these since I have not worked in the studio.....I must make myself go and start something....anything...even big splatters of paint on my table would be a nice start!
Yesterday I was incapable of doing anything after finding out that someone had stolen my credit card number to try to purchase computer equipment. I say "try" because in the end it did not work. The merchant became suspicious (after the fact, my credit card had already been processed but before shipping the goods) and contacted me.Yes, that "customer" also had my name, address and telephone number!
Very frustrating to say the least. There was 0 dollars and 0 cents in our account yesterday after this.
Of course I took right away the necessary steps to prevent further charges. Enough on this, it makes me sick. I console myself though in the fact that this is not so terrible a thing after all.

2 comments:

Dale said...

How horrifying to have someone trying to use your credit card! Lucky thing that the merchant became suspicious. However, do credit card companies not have a feature that anything bought on a stolen credit card they refund to you?

franswazz said...

Hi Dale,
Yes, I think so in some cases. In my case the strangest thing happened:
The next morning that big charge (debit) had DISAPPEARED from my account, nothing to remind me of what happened the day before.....
I do not know if it is an action by the bank or by the merchant. I will call Monday to find out.
How is spring now in Saskatchevan?